Saturday, January 14, 2006

Before I start

So I had a look at the GeoMax page and noticed that a lot of the free stuff seems to require X11. X11 is a windowing system (the mac has its own, but OSX is based on unix (darwin) and X11 is just a way to run unix with windows) and I've had it running lots of times before but it doesn't seem to install on Panther 10.4.3.

So..... I searched around... installed XDarwin 4.30.0 and OroborOSX-v0.9, created a folder called "Keyboards" in /System/Library and added a file called USA.xmodmap, don't know if this did any good... but when I ran OroborOSX it stayed running. What a pain.. but it means I have an XWindow thingy running which means I should be able to trial the free software available.

Anyway. Now it's time to go and try all this software. I don't even know what most of it means!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home